It's that time of the year when people of Chinese descent meet up with family and friends... One collosal headache it can be - sometimes a heartache too... The in-laws and the out-laws and then some... Well, my family life is not quite so complicated yet...
I'm just come back from meeting my dad, brothers and sisters in Kuantan. I guess short trips are the best. No time to get any feathers ruffled up. And in any case - I have lived away from home so long, I must say, I am finally at home in the Big Durian... There's no place like home.
Next up - I'll have to visit my relatives in Penang who were wondering why I did not turn up in Penang first as I normally do - I guess that's the problem - visiting them year after year leads them to expect that I will turn up - though no one else bothers...
Then at the end of Feb, I will be meeting a long lost second cousin of my dad in S'pore - auntie Frances. My dad has numerous paternal relatives we are most unfortunately NOT in touch with - I've promised him that I will try to track them down. By a stroke of luck, I got in touch with this aunt online last year - the best birtday gift I could have ever received!
I showed my dad the email messages that went back and forth between Aunt Frances and I. He was very happy to know that we are in touch again. The wonders of the cyber age! I'm looking forward to meeting my new found relatives.
So to one and all who are reading this - a Happy CNY and may this year bring you all great blessings and prosperity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment